Celebrating our 25th Anniversary
11th November 2020
This month marks the 25th anniversary of Aintree Plastics, after our company started trading in November 1995.
We would like to thank all our customers for their loyalty and support over the years, and for putting their trust in us to produce and deliver their orders.
We would also like to pay tribute to all our staff that have contributed to our success over the past 25 years. We have an experienced and technically qualified workforce who are experts in the industry, and we wouldn't be where we are today without them.
“We are really proud and excited to be celebrating our 25th Anniversary. There have been many changes to our company over the last 25 years but I would like to think that our main principles of being dedicated to the supply of a quality product, coupled with excellent customer service, is still evident and will be for the next 25 years and beyond.”
David Millar, Managing Director
Here are some key moments in our company's history so far:
- November 1995 - Aintree Plastics Ltd was incorporated by Mike Baylis.
- November 1996 - Our first commercial order was taken.
- December 1997 - Aintree Plastics wins its 100th customer.
- March 1999 - ABM Interthene incorporated into Aintree Plastics as our embossed film division.
- February 2001 - Plant investment, our Line 7 bought for high quality flat film.
- November 2002 - New conversion machine bought, for bags perforated on the roll.
- March 2007 - Aintree Plastics is awarded the prestigious BRC 'A' rating for the supply of direct contact food packaging.
- April 2007 - Aintree Plastics wins its 1,000th customer.
- June 2007 - Further investment with the acquisition of our Line 0 for mid-range conversion film.
- April 2014 - £1 million investment in our Line 8 for wide width film.
- August 2016 - Mike Baylis retires.
- February 2018 - Aintree Plastics is acquired by CorpAcq. This gave us the support and investment to drive our company forward to the next level.
- July 2020 - Trials started for a new Polythene blend that contains a minimum of 30% recycled content to work around the new plastic packaging tax.
- October 2020 - As part of our ongoing investments in improving our plant machinery, we successfully upgraded our printing facility.
- November 2020 - 25th Anniversary, still going strong and looking forward to another 25 years!
Share this page